Short URL for this page:
1. Will be afloat in the Operation with Captain Clark. At present some are temporarily in Portsmouth and Southwick.
|Deputy T. G. Commander||Comdr. A. B. Stanford|
|Technical Engineer||Lt. Comdr. A. W. Langevin|
|Operations & Intelligence||Lt. J. Paige, Jr.|
|Communications||Lt. (jg) W. Vandermay|
|Ass't Communications||Lt. (jg) R. C. McCaughlin|
|Supply Officer||Lt. S. G. Hall|
1. Represents Captain Clark on overall Mulberry responsibilities, structures, assembly area dispatches, tugs, operations, maintenance, administration, liaison with U. S. Army.
p208 2. Now located North Wing, Admiralty House C‑in‑C II, Ext. 603.
Comdr. A. B. Stanford
1. Responsible to Task Group Commander for training and Far Side installation. C. O. Whale and C. O. Phoenix report to C. T. W. 127.1.3. C. O.'s of USN Tugs in Portsmouth report to C. T. U. 127.1.3. Now located North Wing, Admiralty House C‑in‑C II, Ext. 603.
Comdr. C. R. Dennen
1. Responsible to Captain Coryell and Captain Clark for administration and assignment of all C. B. personnel which man structures destined for Mulberry A.
2. Now located North Wing, Admiralty House C‑in‑C II, Ext. 604.
Comdr. E. T. Collier
3. Executive Offices, Lt. C. V. Evans, now located at Selsey, Telephone 84.
RAM/P Liaison: At Southwick House: Telephone SW — Ext. 272
Lt. Comdr. E. C. Endt
1. Will operate under Comdr. C. R. Dennen on Far Shore. At Peel, Selsey and Marchwood now.
Lt. W. L. Freeburn
(Ass't) Chief Bos'n F. F. Hall
1. Will operate under Comdr. C. R. Dennen on Far Shore. In charge at Selsey now.
Lt. F. H. Barton
(Ass't) Lt. H. L. Oakes
|NOIC1 Phoenix (C. T. U. 127.1.51)||Lt. N. N. Twitchell|
|NOIC Pierheads (C. T. U. 127.1.52)||Lt. W. P. Larsen|
|NOIC Bridging (C. T. U. 127.1.53)||Lt. S. W. Read|
|Phoenix Sinking Team I||Lt. W. F. Ablondi|
|Phoenix Sinking Team II||Carp. G. S. Riadon|
|Medical||Lt. H. J. Wujciak|
|Supply||Lt. H. W. Clarke|
|Chaplain||Lt. (jg) A. M. Sherman|
1. Responsible for operations of USN and USA tugs assigned to Mulberry Towage, under Senior Operations Officer (RN), when designated at Lee‑on‑Solent. Operations will be transferred to this office at Lee Signal Tower when telephones have been installed. Expected date, May 3.
Lt. Comdr. E. A. Fintel
1. Three (3) officers from U. S. Army for Tug Maintenance Administration, Repair and:
|Engineering Maintenance & Supply||Lt. W. R. Ward|
|Ass't Operations||Ens. M. W. Johnson|
|Communications||Lt. (jg) P. W. Langerak|
|Boatswain Maintenance & Supplies||Lt. P. C. Southworth|
|Ass't Maintenance & Supplies||Lt. R. B. Olsen|
1. To work with Royal Navy Officers assigned in dispatching tows for U. S. Mulberry A from Dungeness after 15 May.
2. At present, Operations, North Wing, Admiralty House.
Lt. (jg) J. S. Rubel
1. To work with Royal Navy Officers assigned aboard H. M. S. Queen of Thanet with Commander Kitkat, Royal Navy.
Lt. (jg) J. W. Landis
Lt. (jg) R. M. Fish
|Whale Engineering||Ens. R. R. Hodge|
|Dispatches||Lt. (jg) D. W. Schmidt|
|Dispatches||Lt. (jg) H. H. Brinkman|
1 NOIC — Naval Officer in Charge.
Images with borders lead to more information.
The thicker the border, the more information. (Details here.)
World War II
A page or image on this site is in the public domain ONLY if its URL has a total of one *asterisk. If the URL has two **asterisks, the item is copyright someone else, and used by permission or fair use. If the URL has none the item is © Bill Thayer.
See my copyright page for details and contact information.
Page updated: 10 Feb 22